Saturday, January 05, 2008

If someone asked me what I would be up to on Jan. 5th, I certainly would not have guessed that I would spend the day the way I did today. I got up around 8, cooked a big breakfast, then readied my road bike. I couldn't believe how beautiful the weather was considering the time of year. It must have reached almost 60 today. Unfortunately, the unseasonably warm weather was accompanied by some ridiculously strong winds. There were gusts up to about 40mph and dust at that speed feels like your being sandblasted. All-in-all though, it was great to get out. The past couple of months I've been logging my miles in spin class and on treadmills.

Now, regarding my New Years Resolutions: after being a fairly avid cyclist for the past 3 years, I would to see how good I can be when I really apply myself in all aspects of cycling. So this year I am not just going to follow a strict training plan (cycle a shit-load, like I always do), but I will also make dietary and social changes that will benefit my training and lead me in turn to my goal. This, I haven't done before, and at 28, I don't want to potentially pass up on any more of my best years. Other resolutions I made this year were that I would like to read more books (1 a month), and I will also attempt to ride to work every day of 2008. So far that's going pretty good, but it will be fun to see if I can actually do it.

I'll keep updating resolution status throughout the year. Well, its midnight here and supposed to be in the high 40's tomorrow. I'm gonna try to spend some quality time in Palmer Park so I need to crash.

'til next time...