Saturday, June 30, 2007

2007 thus far...

OK, I've been slacking on the posts for the past 6 months or so. Don't worry, I'm still here, alive and unwell. I could make up something about being to busy to post, but that's a load of crap. Let's see, what's happened so far this year bike-wise? Well, I'm still working off the extra padding that winter brought courtesy of Bristol brewery, Dewars, and Domino's Pizza. I made an impressive impact in the side of a Ford Bronco back towards the end of March (and learned the importance of renter's insurance). I have bought a new mountain bike - 2007 Specialized Rockhopper Pro - and already picked up my first hematoma (sp?) and scar tissue with it on a ride with Lee around Lower Captain Jack's. I did manage to place 4th in a mountain bike hill climb race - no technical stuff, just an hour of uphill suffering. Still riding as much as possible, trying to keep the weekly miles around 150-200. At this point I've ingratiated myself into 4 group rides weekly: Mountain bike Monday's with some guys from OZ Architecture, Wednesday road rides with Lee, Andrew, and the guys from Colorado Springs Bicycles, and Saturday and Sundays with the Acacia park crew. Still getting my ass handed to me on those weekend rides but with the conversion from triple chainring to double this last week, hopefully that will help a bit? That's all for now, got the MS 150 coming up next weekend, so that should be good. I'll try to post more often so that I can keep it short and sweet, but we'll see how that goes.